4 Truths You Should Know About Instagram in 2017
Whether or not you use Instagram for marketing, you need to see this brand new infographic about how Instagram compares to other social platforms when it comes to marketing. If you use Instagram for business, you’ll likely learn something that can help you earn even better results. And if you don’t use Instagram? Well, maybe this will be the post that pushes you to try something new!
#1 Instagram’s Engagement Is Growing
You can’t necessarily say the same about Facebook or Twitter, right? On Instagram, however, the top brands’ engagement-per-post is growing at a rate of 53% per year.
- Instagram is growing 5x faster than any other social network in the U.S.
- The average account grows by 16% per month.
- The number of U.S. users is expected to pass 100 million by 2018.
- 50% of most major brands use Instagram, but that number’s expected to rise to 71% by 2018.
Just how strong is engagement on Instagram?
- It’s 10x higher than Facebook.
- 54x higher than Pinterest.
- 84x higher than Twitter.
It’s so good that some Instagram influencers charge up to $100,000 per post.
#2 Successful Brands Believe In Instagram
Did you know…
- 90% of Interbrand’s “Top 100 Global Brands” now use Instagram.
- 80% of the top 100 brands on Instagram post on a weekly basis.
- 53% of Instagram users follow their favorite brands.
- 24% of influencers voted Instagram the best platform for influencer marketing.
- 36% of B2C brands consider Instagram to be “Very Important” or “Critical” to their marketing.
- 13% of B2B brands consider Instagram to be “Very Important” or “Critical” to their marketing.
#3 Specific Behaviors Boost Engagement
Here’s what success looks like on the platform…
- 60% of the top brands on Instagram use a consistent filter.
- The top brands post an average of 4.9x per week.
- The best times to post on Instagram are Mondays and Thursdays at any time except between 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Images with faces receive 38% more likes.
- Posts with multiple hashtags perform better than average.
- Posts with a location tag have 79% higher engagement than posts without.
- Instagram posts that include both a hashtag and a location tag see even higher engagement.
#4 Visual Content Connects With People
Visual content resonates better than written content. It’s said that the brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it does text.
- 93% of all human communication is visual.
- 90% of information sent to the brain is visual.
- 40% of people respond better to visual information than plain text.
- People remember 80% of what they see, but only 20 of what they read and 10% of what they hear.
More Instagram Data Below
For more information, see the infographic below. Also, skip down to the comments at the bottom and tell us: does your brand use Instagram? Why or why not?