5 Reasons why Social Media is Crucial for Branding
Since its existence, the Internet has been a revolutionary boon to the world. Needless to say, it is now one of the most robust foundations for the economic growth and development of the world. It also offers a platform for entrepreneurs to earn more clients and boost their sales.
One of the most popular facets of the Internet is social media. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest are some of the most discussed topics today. These applications have virtually made the world smaller and more connected. Apart from just being sources of communication, these applications also contain various other features; one of which is branding.
If you look around, you will find various instances where campaigns have created excellent growth through the use of social media applications. In fact, many industrialists have built their brands using one or all of these applications. Several studies have revealed that a huge percentage of business people now like to invest in these social media sites to make their brands visible to relevant customers.
If you want to be a top ranker and earn leads and clients for your campaign, then you ought to make use of social media platforms. They afford more options for generating leads and customers for your brands. In addition, social media also helps build your brand reputation, either locally or globally.
“So how do you start using this application?”
If this question has popped into your mind, then check out the following steps:
- Select a network that supports your campaign – So far, various social media channels have grown over the web. Lots of people use these applications multiple times every day. Thus, it provides you with an ideal gateway to drive Internet users’ attention toward your campaign. However, this will require a little bit of consideration, as you need to get only the best ones for your brand, which include:
- LinkedIn – This social media platform has been specifically designed to grow your professional network. As an entrepreneur, if you still have not joined LinkedIn, then you are missing out! You could join other corporate people and promote your service through this medium.
- Pinterest – If your brand includes products for women, like jewelry, footwear, accessories or clothing, then this social media application is the best medium to use. It allows you to better reach female customers.
- Instagram – A picture is worth a thousand words. If you believe this statement, then Instagram could serve your needs. If you can explain more to your community through the use of images, use this application.
- Google+ – This social media application finds the majority of its users work in technical or engineering professions. Hence, if your campaign deals with technology, you can reach technical people through this medium.
- Facebook – A social media giant, Facebook is one of the most preferred social media sites. Consequently, it is the best promotional medium for your brand. Whether you create a group or join a community, you’ll be able to pick up some long-term customers.
- Create a community rather than earning followers – Let’s face it, as a brand owner, you would expect a good number of followers on any of the social media platforms. Well, although your brand has a tremendous following, what if they do not interact with you while you keep posting? It might leave you wondering where you fell short.
- Keep your followers interested by adding creativity – Social media is largely about entertainment. Hence, if you are trying to reach your followers, don’t be afraid to get creative. Instead, implement some innovative ideas to make them curious about your posts. This will provide you a smooth passage to promote your brand on social platforms.
- Make direct contact with followers – One of the best ways to keep your audience and followers engaged is by starting a direct conversation with them. This can be done by responding to their likes, tweets or comments.
- Add posts to your social profiles every day – One of the primary requirements for catalyzing the growth and promotion of your brand through social channels is by making your brand visible to users. This should be followed by staying active across all your existing social media profiles. Additionally, you should also share your expertise, goals, ideas and thoughts regularly with your audience. Apart from this, posting consistently will help you to get more visitors to follow your social profiles. According to this survey, entrepreneurs with over 15,000 tweets hold about 1 million followers. That’s truly remarkable. Furthermore, you can also make use of tools like Buffer social media management, which allows you to send in posts on a programmed schedule.
- Use paid campaigns for content promotion – In this extremely provocative online marketing where lots of competitors come on the board, it becomes important for your brand to be in the vision of online traffic. Hence, one of the best options to accomplish this resolution is to opt for paid social media campaigns, which are highly effective for gaining visibility as well as for generating leads. Organize competitions, persuade users to participate and offer valuable spurs to the contestants thereby constantly sharing the quality content. Believe it; you will observe some noticeable growth in sales for your campaign.
- Joining a chat, group or community expand your reach – A basic method to be incontact with your leads and your visitors is to participate in chat groups and communities. This is how your audience will be able to know what you’re up to, your latest activities and updates. Also, you will be able to attract more traffic by consistently sharing on social media. Aside from all of these, you could:
- Ask for suggestions, feedback, advice and queries from the users.
- Respond to their comments and inquiries.
- Follow the lead of your friends’ and associates’ social profiles.
- Look to mentors for guidance on your campaigns.
In short, the more you take part in active discussions, the more you will be noticed by visitors.
To summarize, promotion has always been a key aspect of marketing for brands. No doubt, there are various techniques that serve this purpose, but the evolution of social media has truly revolutionized the marketing trends for brands.
Image credit: Canva & Pixabay
Article credit: http://www.semrush.com/blog/5-reasons-why-social-media-is-crucial-for-branding/