A Few Reasons Why Social Media Matters
If you own a business, run a marketing department, or rely on the public to generate sales you need to understand that Social Media marketing and advertising can no longer be ignored.
Social Media is no longer a “technology” that we use, it is a cultural shift.
Using Social Media to reach your consumers is no longer an option. Traditional marketing and advertising through print ads, mailers, billboards, phone books, community business groups, networking and word-of-mouth may work for you, but your business is likely losing out on an entire group of consumers.
Perhaps you think it is too costly to budget a professional Social Marketer, or maybe you think posting ridiculous memes or links to articles is not worth the time and money. If you think this way, you are incorrect.
Social Media has replaced traditional media, here are a few reasons why using it to market and advertise matters for business:
- 2/3 of U.S adults get their news from Social Media.
- 90% of Twitter users rely on the network for breaking news.
- Facebook users watch 100 million hours of video on Facebook.
- Snapchat is now TV with 10 billion video views a day.
- Instagram is the new magazine with 100 million photos posted a day with billions of views.
- People are using Social Media to watch TV, connect with friends and family, research purchases, and shop.
- 41% of consumers spending just 2 hours or less on Social media made at least $500 in purchases in the past 12 months.
- 74% of consumers rely on Social Media for more information or reviews about the products/services they want to purchase.
- 71% of consumers have an improved perception of brands when they see positive reviews on Social Media.
- 50% of consumers made a purchase based on a recommendation made on Social Media.
- Social Media Pages generally rank higher than websites in Search Engine results