Video Content Will be King in 2017
2017 is looking like it will be the year of video. Statistics show that in 2017 online video will account for 74% of all web traffic and by 2019 video will account for 80% of all global internet traffic.
Video provides higher engagement with content, stronger consumer attention and it improves your SEO. In fact, according to Comscore, using video on your website can increase the chance of a front page Google result by 53 times.
In addition to the above benefits, the following statistics show that video should be a necessity in your 2017 marketing plan.
- 78% of all internet users view online videos weekly.
- 55% of internet users view online videos daily.
- 33% of tablet owners watch an hour of video on their devices every day.
- 500 million people watch Facebook videos every day.
- 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat every day.
- 82% of Twitter users watch videos on Twitter.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
Video content is more visually appealing and easier to digest, viewers remember the content better than other types of content. In 2007 Online Publishers Association found that 80% of viewers recall a video ad they have seen in the past 30 days. 26% of viewers then look for more info about the product, 22% visit the product site, 15% visit the brand site, and 12% make the purchase.
- 45% of marketers believe video provides better lead generation.
- 52% of marketers believe video provides better brand awareness.
Using video in email boosts the benefits even more. In fact, studies show that just using the word “video” in an email the click-through rates increased by 65% and the number of subscribers that unsubscribed decreased by 26% when video was used in the email. Most important, click-through rates increased by 200-300% when a video was included in the email itself.
- 67% of marketers found video marketing somewhat successful.
- 18% of marketers found video marketing very successful.
It’s time to add video to your marketing strategy!